Now hiring cooks at Cantina Del Rio in the historic town of Gruene, TX! If you're looking for scheduling FLEXIBILITY, great PAY, career growth, and a variety of benefits, this job is for you! When you join the Gristmill team, you are joining a family. Our managers don't sit in an office; they roll up their sleeves and work side by side with you. Come join a company that truly cares about its people.
Who we are
Molak Corporation owns and operates some of the most iconic brands in Texas.
Our properties include the world famous Gruene Hall, Gristmill River Restaurant & Bar, Cantina del Rio, Mozie’s, Cotton Eyed Joe’s, The Company Store, and The Grapevine in New Braunfels. And, in San Antonio, we own and operate Josephine Street and Down on Grayson. We also plan and execute annual events like the Gruene Music and Wine Festival and Holidays in Gruene.
We’re not a cookie cutter chain; every one of our operations has its own unique style and personality. For example, where else can you find a dance hall that’s operated continuously since 1878 that’s hosted country music superstars like Garth Brooks, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, LeAnn Rimes, George Strait, and Gregg Allman (just to name a few.)
Our establishments deliver unique blends of music and food experiences to visitors who love the world’s best music, the lore of Texas, and just having a good old time. We employ over 700 friendly faces who love to serve our guests, exceed their expectations, and keep them coming back for more. If you’re interested in being one of them, we’d love to hear from you!
Where you will work - Cantina Del Rio
Where you will work - Cantina Del Rio
On the corner of Gruene Road and Guadalupe River, Cantina del Rio is just a couple doors down from Gruene Hall. In business since 2010, the come-as-you-are local favorite is situated in a bustling shady nook under the oak tree canopy.
Serving the best margarita in New Braunfels (11 years in a row!) and right on the river, we are the go-to spot for everyone’s post-float taco fix or burger bite before a show at Gruene Hall.
What you will do
- Ensure ingredients and final products are fresh and follows restaurant standards
- Follow recipes, including measuring, weighing, and mixing ingredients
- Bake, grill, steam, and boil meats, vegetables, fish, poultry, and other foods
- Present, garnish, and arrange final dishes
- Maintain food safety and sanitation standards
What you get
- Highly competitive pay
- Comprehensive healthcare options* including telemed, voluntary supplemental health packages, medical, dental, vision, supplemental life, and more!
- 401k retirement plan participation*
- Pet Insurance availability*
- Meal discounts
- Flexible scheduling
- Immediate pay
- The experience of working with a strong, highly engaged team continuing to grow a one of a kind, truly iconic, legendary Texas brand.
* Eligibility requirements apply
Who you are
- You are high energy, not satisfied with sitting still, always looking to stay busy
- You are a quick learner, ability to process, understand and execute new information
- You are team focused, likes working on a team, works well with others, respectful
- You are attentive, Watching and listening carefully to others, attention to detail
- You are organized and detail oriented, meticulous about getting things done right and on time
- You are punctual, arrives to work on time and is dependable
What you bring - minimum qualifications
- Must be 16 years old or older
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid and current Food Handlers certification
- Must be able to work at least 3 days a week, including weekends and holidays
Physical requirements and working conditions
- Must be able to stand and walk for 6 or more hours in a day
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. and over 50 lbs. with assistance
- Frequent lifting, carrying, bending, reaching, squatting, climbing, and walking
- Exposure to loud noise, large crowds, and extreme hot/cold temperatures
Compensation: $15.00 - $23.00
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cantina Del Rio Hourly
Fashioned after a south Texas ice house featuring a wide range of enchiladas, sizzling fajitas, delicious tacos, and specialty Texas burgers. Our customers can enjoy a soft drink, ice cold beer or frozen 'rita on our beautiful deck or in our cozy dining room.
Company Website: www.cantinaingruene.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)